Fredericksburg Main Street is requesting citizen input to help pick locations for new bicycle parking racks in Downtown. Fredericksburg Main Street was awarded a Virginia Main Street’s Downtown Investment Grant for a beautification project that includes 20 bike racks, 1 bike corral, 2 bike shelters, 4 benches, 4 planters, and 4 trash cans. In October 2020, Fredericksburg Main Street raised the required $13,000 for the $25,000 grant with a Power of 100+ campaign to the Community totaling $38,000. Over 100 donations came in within 14 days ranging from $10 to $1000 donations. The City has agreed to in kind the installation of the bike racks.
Bike FXBG is a community based group focused around making Downtown more accessible to visitors and locals with bicycle infrastructure. Examples include bicycle racks placed throughout the area. To better serve the community and fulfill the grant, we seek to find more places for such racks, where is where you come in. Here’s how:
- Take the Resident Bike Survey
- Take the Business Owner Survey
- Pick a location on the map for bike infrastructure
Others way to get involved:
- Become a Partner and work with us to make Fredericksburg more bike friendly.
- Spread the word about Bike FXBG and ask others to lend their voice.
- Learn about the economic impact of bike infrastructure.
- Learn about what factors determine the best locations for bike infrastructure.
- Spread the word.